07 April, 2012

Comedy... ha ha...

I'm in Melbourne at the moment - I decided to leave home early before my next trip and do something useful, since I'm so behind with EVERYTHING. And so instead of that I've been going to see stand up comedians. But at least it's funnier than Saudi clerics, really!
First, I went to see some small fry, working in a pub - type of comedians and having the ego of a cat, my immediate impressions were - I got funnier stories than that! Due to the way the dice fell and some choices I reluctantly made, my life has been a constant source of strange situations, stranger people and strangest coincidences. So I thought I had a back-up plan. If this travelling to odd places and trying to cope with weird situations ever gets old, I can do a comedy routine on my life. Come on, I can be funny! I'm sure I can even deliver funny, especially after the hundreds of times I did that Volvo course... (and every Monday morning, before a new course I was worried, this time I was going to FAIL!) Anyway I digress...
Before putting in my resignation at work, I decided to see the competition and went to see a proper (every seat in the theatre sold) Irish (as I told my mum - when I find a man who has an Irish (Republican) father and maybe German mother - I'll marry again!) comic. Tonight I went to see David O'Doherty (hmm... who has a HUGE soft spot for an Irish beard, anyone?) and I realised the difference. This man can make his broken-hearted depression funny, his fear of a mouse funny, this man can make 'nothing' funny. Granted, he has an accent that sends me giggling before he even comes on stage. But that is funny, so is Dylan Moran. Anyway if that's competition, I sent my cat ego to chase Ringo the mouse.
See an Irish comedian if you get a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Resignation at work and dice-throw-based-decisions... hmm, why it does not wonder me at all :))) L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Ms L, joining the club? ;-)

    ReplyDelete