17 September, 2013

Bangladesh hypochondria

Sorry I could not post from Bangladesh but the connection at hotels was sloooooow...

Chittagong, Bangladesh:
Talking to my translator (boy in his early 20's) in Chittagong I notice he has rather yellow eyes and since I've seen this a lot in India too I decide to ask about it.
"Oh that just means people have malaria. I have malaria. But, mosquitos don't bite me anymore since I got sick. So many people here have it, but they don't know it because they don't have money for doctor to test it."
I take out my insect repellant and apply for the 50th time that day, since I saw mosquitos at the airport, on the plane and in my hotel room. This air-conditioner equals no mosquitos doesn't apply here!
But for those who remember my old China trip on anti-malaria medication will know I can't take it and remain sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment