14 November, 2013

Dubai-extras=Canberra and mobile Indians

Maybe I've been away for too long, or am infected with some form of brain eating virus ala Japanese Encyphilitits B, but Dubai minus all the high rises, glitter, expat workers, etc., is a lot like Canberra.
Oh and it doesn't have as many roundabouts, I didn't see one actually. Tuggeranong Hyperdome instead of Mall of the Emirates? ;-)
I have a photo of the view from my window, but again technology surpasses my abilities. Manana...

Catching taxis today, all of the drivers here were from India too, I started to wonder who is it and what about are they constantly on the phone on? Every driver today had a headphone in his ear and was going off in Hindi or Bengali.
Ask and you shall have.
(Talking to the wife in India about buying furniture. Put on your best fake Indian accent)
- Cream, cream! Nay! Something, something, something, something. Nay! Cream not white!

And here I thought they were talking about India-Pakistan nuclear arms race....

No comments:

Post a Comment