11 November, 2013

Istanbul

Oh what can I say, even working weekend, when I'm in Istanbul I'm in 7th heaven!
I have been here full 3 days now, two of them working but I have managed to cut my hair (no small feat with a hairdresser who speaks no English at all). At worst I though it will grow back and as usual the colour stayed black, but the end result was very good and the whole deal cost me peanuts. Well worth putting yourself in the hands of untested strangers, especially when they hold sharp objects.

So far I have bought two kilos of cat food and visited my cemetery cats twice with breakfast. And unlike Thailand all the cat access is free and they all want a pat! I also carry a couple of pouches of whiskas fish flavoured food, for any needy cats I encounter on my travels. I love it here. Next life I still want to be reborn as a cat in Istanbul.

Tomorrow after work I'm off to buy a special Turkish tea pot and some tea glasses. Who's coming for Turkish tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment