08 April, 2014

Goodbye Europe!

I am just about to leave Milan and Europe after 2 weeks of some amazing times, the highlight of which would have to be Barcelona and seeing A&M! But before that, after rainy Lisbon was:
Madrid, also very rainy, where I saw 140 Goyas - simply stunning! I didn't realise his paintings were so big. In the room with Goya's Black paintings, which he painted at the end of his life on the house walls, I almost sat down so impressed. I know that they were repainted once taken off the the crumbling walls, but were so dark and forbidding it is hard not to get impressed.
Barcelona, where I had the best guides and where the sun finally came out, was unforgettable. From a walk through the red district, a park with some dangerous wildlife, a cat university, a photo exhibition of 1950s Barcelona, to some great food, wine and beer and even better company, time really went too fast!
And finally Milan, only one night but I had a chance to try some great Italian food and wine and see the beautiful old Duomo Cathedral.

And thanks A&M for fantastic time, especially the help from the monkeys, who translated like fluent professionals!
Photos coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment