02 October, 2011

Garden of Dreams, Kathmandu

I took lots of photos here so another photo heavy post. The garden and buildings, because of the recent rain, remained me of the 'magic realism' South American books I read a while ago, like Isabel Allende and Gabriel Garcia Marquez.













Then there were the lush flowers and trees....























Then it rained again and I found a little god altar...













This picture to the left, which was taken from the car - hence the rainy window. Look closely at the hairdresser shop at the back, see the blue ad for the hairdresser? That's Avril Lavigne right in the centre - now you know where she gets her haircuts! ;-)





And finally, on the way home, I saw another magic realism view. The best about it was I wasn't expecting it at all. As we departed rainy Kathmandu and flew above the clouds, about 10 minutes into the flight suddenly the tops of the Himalayas emerged from the clouds. Magical! I couldn't take a photo and this was one time my camera wouldn't have done the job, but I found these on the internet... That's exactly how the view from the window looked like for a few minutes. Enjoy :-)









1 comment:

  1. It's a pity that the pictures you uploaded are so small :( L

    ReplyDelete