18 October, 2011

Last legs... Thailand

Just to let y'all know I'm safe in Bangkok for a short detour/rest break and flying back to Oz tomorrow. No sight of flooding here though it was raining last night. I'm on top floor in my hotel (Le Meridien and it has been very nice, albeit an empty experience ;-) ...)












(For your collection Katja - I thought you'd like the bathtub with open door)
And there was a poem on the wall too - translation on a bookmark -
Upon my heart I feel her touch
How it lingers on my mind
Glittering trees teasing with the wind
Sweet air, blows soft, how love begins

Luckily, 'she' did not wake me up by biting my foot... ;-)

Yesterday the work bit of my luggage (banner) was left behind in London (FINALLY - I didn't do it!!) Those who travelled with me know this has been a DREAM of mine to loose that damn banner, but at the beginning of a trip, not on flight 22 out of 24!!! But as a saying goes - don't look a gift horse in the mouth...

And today on my To Do list:
1. Post Office to send a Turkish gift for my parents and unload 5 kgs from my 31kg suitcase... More of the sale-cats of Istanbul later (when I write the Turkey section)
2. Barbie doll shop (I have 3 with me already and they were my abaya buddies but I need a SPECIAL one)...
3. A visit to the flesh eating fish (when they're hungry too!)
4. Massage or 3...
5. Ginger tea (well now that my luggage will be 5 kgs lighter...)

I had a very philosophical discussion about 'To Do Lists' in Istanbul under the influence of shisha, Turkish chai (tea not raki!) and cats and decided to do these lists again and see if I can control them rather than grow them exponentially like before...

1 comment:

  1. And did you find any ground-shaking new ways of developing managable To-Do Lists? I am still trying and coping fairy well with the Things App for Mac. But I don't think of it as of an ultimate solution - or I am just not using it to its fullest possibilities. L

    ReplyDelete