12 February, 2011

and so it starts, again...

It all started quite eventfully already. Somehow when I left my room to get a drink the door slammed shut and locked from inside the room. And so with about 15 minutes to go I was standing outside my room (with everything inside of course) locked out and unable to get back in. I thought all inside doors had some sort of unlocking mechanism but this door didn't.
I had these visions of myself trying to break the door down and I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds... Or perhaps calling a locksmith or whoever does that sort of thing and getting them to open the door for me - but I hate calling people on the phone and my phone was on the other side of the door anyway!
Luckily I'm crafty... So I found my housemates' tool box in the laundry (God bless IKEA!) and used these stylish orange tools to unscrew the handle and unlock the door from the outside. All in less time than it took me to write this!
And I am on my way - Canberra airport still but luckily out of the house! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Lol! That's just Murphy's Law in action...

    Though second time getting yourself locked out in as many weeks!!

    ReplyDelete