27 February, 2011

I need a BIG sleep...

... I've passed my 2 weeks away mark and in the past few days have felt the trip weigh on me a bit more. This and yet another delayed flight - departure after 10pm instead of the intended 8pm and this meant we (H&A) didn't get to the hotel until about 1am and another working day today (yes it's Sunday)... At least today H and I are splitting the day in half and I get the 2pm starting shift, which means I scored a bonus - cricket (India vs England) starts at 2:30pm - so no male students enquiring from then on (even my blue eyes can't compete with cricket).
So just a quick update for now, I'll write more later today and will post some photos/videos too, for those who prefer that (OK KP am getting sick of that one myself...). I've been working on that Indian English post I promised, and asked Helga to collect some specimens but she's been lazy and has so far only confirmed my findings, so maybe that post will also happen today (well , especially since I depart India for Sri Lanka tomorrow).
Later!

5 comments:

  1. I forgot the cricket world cup was on in India... I'll have to watch it on TV now to see if I spot you going wild in the crowd :D

    Still can't believe its 2 weeks.... doesn't feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be in the crowd - got arrested in Bangalore during the riot when even the black market tickets for the India v England game sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, erm I don't even know what a 'wicket' is?! But I know India will beat SA - all will become clear once I post a video I took in Bangalore (not the jail)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha awesome, look forward to seeing this :P

    ReplyDelete